hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Saturday 31 March 2012

making....a difference

to two battery hens has been a joy...think they were one of our best Christmas presents ever...such asmall thing to do but such a big effect to them...here they are after we went to pick them up...sad and scrawny...



and now...feathered up...plump...fluffy bottoms...smart tails...happy pecking about just like the other girls...so friendly they love nothing better than pecking your feet and chatting to you...its amazing how they just know how to be proper hens! tho' friend Phil's girls had to be taught how to go up a ramp to bed!

...just little brown hens but they give us such pleasure...and delicious eggs...here's Isabella


 and Emilia..she's the chatty one



making a difference...doesn't the lovely weather do just that? sun still bright and sunny here...but colder...got my socks and woolly hat back on...the garden looking more green with each passing day...with flowers to delight and cheer...bit of a yellow theme...spring seems to be mainly yellow and blue to entice the insects I guess...I love bulbs...they're always a surprise because I forget what and where I've planted them!


  
making a difference...DON'T FORGET we can all make a difference to the earth by turning out our lights tonight at 8.30pm if you're in the UK...get the candles out and snuggle up on the sofa...support WWF's Earth Hour tonight...


and I'll be making a difference to my studio this weekend...workshops starting again verry soon so I need to get ORGANISED...hip hooray for making and creating and getting other people to get in touch with their creativity too! lots of lovely NEW workshops to tempt...come and get creative in a beautiful Cumbrian village! for more info go to Making at The Studio...and in the meantime have a wonderful weekend xx



























No comments: