hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Wednesday 28 March 2012

making ...the most of everything...

mm glorious sunshine...warmth...birdsong...roaming chickens and cats...a feeling of spring if not summer in the shorts and summery dresses and skirts in town...

where to be?? inside doing house'loving'...tidying...washing...washing up...admiring the dust collections...looking dimly through the streaky windows...or enjoying all that nature offers us in the great outdoors...doing VIP activities...ie. Very Important Paperwork and Planning and Tea Drinking...in the 'outside' office...with some beautiful books to savour as I plan workshops...all this in no socks or cardi...careful now...and please note the essential SUNSHADE!!








and a crafty moment or two in the studio...there's something sunny and Easter-y in the air...so I neeed to do some fabric playtime...



time to get out the cottons and flowery prints and ginghams and vintagey embroideries...to feel my way into creativity because now my wrist is getting much better...with healing going well...I have made a very wonderful discovery...I can SEW!! I can even thread a needle and use my hand to stitch a little...I can carefully cut a little...and as long as I don't overdo it I can use my patiently waiting sewing machine...it feels fantastic to be truly in touch with making again...even in a small way...happiness is in small things...

hope you are enjoying sunshine too xx

No comments: