hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Friday 2 March 2012

reasons to be cheerful...day 5

it's friday night...and another week gone past...

daughter is back home from school and gone off in wellies with a wheelbarrow...down to the bottom of our field where the wild things are...

it's after 5pm and still light...

it's been a lovely sunny day with birds twittering...sounds of sheep and lambs from the fields...chickens enjoying scratching around in the orchard and garden...Basil cat sunning himself on a wall

...and warm enough to go out WITHOUT a coat or woolly hat...how wild is that?

another day celebrating my home...and the comforts of home...as in one of my favourite yummy books...


it's a quirky old house built with 2 foot thick rubble walls...lots of beams and stonework...damp and mouldy corners...no central heating just big woodburners, Aga and electric heaters...there are times of temptation when I see smart  modern homes with straight crisp white walls...but I wouldn't swap the character and history of ours...with all it's challenges...we bought it as a kind of barn and turned it into a house full of happy family life...warm (at times!) and welcoming in it's clutteryness



our bedroom...with a deep window sill where you can sit and read a book and look out at the cows in the field up the hill...sometimes they seem very close...



my pretty bedroom chair...one of a matching pair...a rare thing in our home...usually piled high with clothes...occasionally I have a big wash and then the chair is revealed...just bought at the auction for a few pounds... painted cream and voila...I love their simplicity and I love my delightful Jane Foster handmade vintage cushion...which just happens to be PINK...I could buy so many more of her vintage cushions... 

and here is my very treasured Old Teddy...once he was pink too...now I fear more threadbare than fluffy...he sits in a delightful child's little wicker chair which actually has a music box in the base so when a child sat it would play a tune...sadly needs a repair to play properly...sharing a cushion and baby rug with Tiny Ted (daughter's) so tiny he can't quite be seen...


and what could be nicer than a rambling random pile of delicious books...each with pages filled with ideas and photos and inpiringness...I love the feel and smell of real books!


and as for books from the 'World of Ikea...it maybe something to do with living a long way from any Ikea so going is a treat...but I just love the simplicity and optomism imagination of their words and images... 


and there may just be some truth in this sentiment... though I doubt it myself...you just can't have too much fabric...


hope you have a great Friday night in your own home...full of love and comfort to xx
















No comments: