hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Tuesday 28 February 2012

reasons to be cheerful...day 2

a cosy corner...World of Sofa...is that Mollie Makes we spy?? yum-my!



 
memories...memories.. trusty lounge sofa = sofa + bed...sat on and loved every day... place of repose for anyone not well...bought after daughter mine was born so wonderful grandparents could 'sleepover' whenever they came up on many a trip from London to see a wee baby girl...and still they come 14 years on...cushion in front I just love the fabric...cushion behind was an old pillow rescued and re-loved...with a patchwork of happy fabrics including some of MY Granny's...I love the simple cotton Ikea throw which despite being cream in colour...cat prints and crumbs ...even chocolate... just wash out so easily and it's lovely and light and bright...


...and just behind comfy sofa is a quiet cupboard filled with so many happy thoughts and memories stored in it along with all the toys and marbles and dressing up jewellery boxes and jigsaws and...so much more...just an old tatty cupboard bought for a song at the auction...and revitalised with trusty tongue and groove wood by husband of patience...painted by moi in a 'distressed' fashion so any knocks or blemishes just add to it's beauty....at least that was the theory...and 'dressed' with a beautiful cosy heart of love and loveliness from a dear friend...ahem, Rowa you know who...I do think if a piece of furniture is well chosen and simply painted it will be comfortable to live with down the years and so it is with this funny old cupboard which I love for it's tranquility and calm presence...hope you like it too...
  

 have a peaceful day out there...live simply and simply live! look forward to sharing more with you tomorrow...







No comments: