hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Monday 29 August 2011

art is everywhere....

it seems that wherever I go there are colours, lines, textures and shapes and forms which please my eye and give me arty thoughts...or just simply a pleasure in the observing,...carrying a little camera allows the images to be captured and re-lived at home, and shared here - I hope you find them as lovely as I do....finding your own inspiring pictures, images, things, details...whatever it is which pleases your eye and gives you a hum of pleasure can only be good...learning to look, learning to see the beauty all around, even in things which seem mundane and work-a-day, celebrating the small, the details of life....beauty in a line of washing...or a pleasingly hand-crafted earthenware cup, which feels as well as looks good...gives extra pleasure in the moment as you drink a simple cup of tea....not just the art of living but the art of living well and beautifully.....

all this art and you can get your oats too!! The Watermill at Little Salkeld in Cumbria is a delightful rambling place where chickens roam free and where whole English grain is stoneground into flour as it has been down the centuries...where you can buy a variety of tasty of organic flours and other organic foodstuffs...and have a delicious meal in the tearoom all freshly cooked breads and soups and yummy cakes...with lovely art and hand-dyed knitting to stimulate the eye...and we actually ate outside... because of course IT IS STILL SUMMER!!

No comments: