hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Friday 26 August 2011

Friday night and I'm loving....

that daughter made a fabulous tea tonight.... pan-fried chicken and pasta with home made pesto...yummy

that I could go down to the veggie patch and come back withrunner beans and broad beans and tiny wee french beans and peas to make a delicious addition to tea...and eating a few while I'm down there is such a lovely feeling...

that swimming in Crummock water made daughter very happy ...she now has to wear MY wetsuit....so maybe it's time I had a new one...

that yesterday was my last day in my old job...a buzzy mix of sadness at leaving a great place to work ....sad to be leaving lovely people with whom I have learnt and shared and laughed such a lot...and exitement at new opportunities

that it was a hot and sunny day today (in between the cloudy bits) and I wore shorts to prove it's still summer....

that I am finally moving back into my studio after many patient months and that my beloved sewing machine is out on my old bench and I have been making again...

that I can now have all the fun of re-discovering all my fabrics and treasures and arranging them artistically...

my husband for making it all possible and for painting it all a lovely clean white... I danced around in it today for sheer joy!

that friday night is bath night....


No comments: