hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Tuesday 18 December 2012

Christmas thoughts...

with less than a week to go... well, I tell myself that's plenty of time...so I am taking it one day at a time and one thing on my 'list' at a time...



thanks to daughter mine taking it into her head to go a-hoovering and a-moving of 'stuff' and husband of patience for a-digging up and a-potting up ...we have a lovely decorated living Christmas tree to enjoy as we go past on the landing upstairs...sounds a bit odd but we keep it cool out there (our house is fairly unheated!) and our living rooom is upstairs too, and when the stove is going in there it would be too hot for the tree...

so we put on the Christmas music and spent a pleasurable time on Sunday evening with the boxes of decorations collected over the years...some made by daughter when she was little, some by me, some given by family or friends...some from my childhood long ago...Christmas is memories...each year we make new ones...and the simple ones are the best!

hope you too are enjoying the last few days before Christmas...






2 comments:

Beacee said...

Your tree sounds lovely!
We've still to get ours, in fact I've still to clear a space for it - not good.
We've just got back from mince pies and mulled wine and carol singing with some of the ladies in a local sheltered housing scheme. We're shattered but I think they'd go on singing for ever. It was the same on Saturday night for their Christmas dinner - we left at 9.30pm, they partied til midnight and the wine was flowing...
Hope you have a lovely Christmas,
Barbara x

Emma Wigginton said...

what a lovely way to head for Christmas, I haven't done any singing this year and really miss it,
sounds like those ladies know how to enjoy themselves!...hope you have a lovely Christmas too...and a wee Robin is on its way to you xx