hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Thursday 14 June 2012

there's nothing wrong with shopping...

it's essential therapy as anyone will tell you as it not only keeps other people in work but can be very pleasurable...especially when it's for fabrics... threads...inspiration...beautiful artwork etc... and as Money IS Love...it's a way of sharing the love...a win win activity...
so halfterm hols and we set off for the big city...first Carlisle for fabric and then to Degree Show at the Uni...and then to Newcastle....


At the degree show we wandered amongst all the wonderful exhibits of textiles,furniture and jewellery...daughter mine loved the room full of costume designs and there were some fantastic textiles...tho not as mnay as usual my passion was still indulged...with my favourites being...

Janet Wilde's beautiful detailed and imaginative work...




some fantastic hats...sorry I didn't get the artist's name

and the thoughtful intricate embroideries on a theme of Alzheimers by Lauren Rudd


and then a drive across the A69 to catch the Metro into Newcastle...I love people watching and looking at the houses as we pass by...it's always a trip down memory lane as I am from 'over there' bonny lasses...





and oooh! temptation in John Lewis's...where I have shopped from being a child...many memories of being here with my Mum...and now I am shopping here with MY daughter and we are in the haberdashery department...isn't that a wonderful word...it's all bright and modern and the colourful dipslays are sooo enticing...wool and yarns, threads, fabrics, books, patterns, beads, feathers, buttons...










so much temptation...we got away quite lightly with a selection of interesting fabrics and fab ribbon for daughter mine...and I had a wee piece of Cath Kidson and some needles...very restrained! (apart from the new washing machine..of that more anon!)

 


and then we returned home from the big city and now we have news of our broody hen...she has been such a clever girl...sitting on 6 eggs taken from the fridge and has hatched...3 ducklings! ain't nature amazing! (yes ok they were duck eggs!)  and she'd being a fantastic mother and they love her!


and here's all the aunties waiting to see what's going on in THEIR hen house!!?

  

such a nosey parker that Emilia...


they say never work with children or animals...but I think they always put a smile on your face one way or another! xx





















No comments: