hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Sunday 27 February 2011

this and that



Been half term this week so a mixed bag of activities going on in all parts! willow planting (husband), birdwatching (daughter), trip to the northeast to see family, fantastic day out at Druridge Bay.....Northumberland's unspoilt beaches are so beautiful, on a sunny February day, hardly anyone around, just us and the waves, sand, sea - who could ask for more?
I really miss the sea, being a northeast lass brought up close to the seasides of Co Durham and Northumberland
 Then family up to see us... and some more willow planting....and a bit of sewing as daughter had a Cath Kidson bag to make (book was a lovely present from grandparents)

The book....

The bag......
....suggested she lined it as well and it looks really good. Just the buttons to add. Hope she's proud of her efforts, she did brilliantly and I enjoyed being asked to help her now and then - a sharing moment or two. My Mum taught me to sew and I am so grateful as it has been a lifeline for me all these years, making is like breathing...

Loving the new colour
'New' shelves for studio, always plenty more things to fill them! Hand made by husband in early married days...they used to be a very dark green, just needed a bit of a facelift, much lighter and brighter now.

In the pink....
Managed a little bit of making in an odd moment, (NB - need to get a sewing machine for daughter!!)....I enjoyed  creating another bag from old felted blanket, a little vintage fabric and a recycled skirt...
I don't really like to cut up old embroidered fabrics but if you can re-use them and turn them into something lovely in their own right, better than lingering unloved in a charity shop...these little bits were from a rather worn section, picked out the best bits and there you are...
Re-loved brooches

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Helloooo ;-) popped along after having two notifications of new posts in the last week but no new posts - not sure if you have deleted posts or if there is something else going on with Bolgger! Hope all well - looking forward to seeing you Tues xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx