hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Friday 26 April 2013

it's Friday night and I'm loving

that I have so many wonderful things in my life...

I haven't done one of these posts for a wee while and I do like to stop sometimes and look around me and just be grateful for so much...little or large...

I'm loving that I am easily able to find lovely fabrics, threads and all manner of stitching bits n bobs in friendly local shops (as well as online cos they're people too!)...and that I have all the time in the world to get sewing and creative...
I'm loving that I keep meeting such lovely people on my blogging journey...I love how kind and generous people are in sharing and taking the time to stop and comment...I'd especially like to thank Sue at Sweetpea Family...who not only bought one of my bird brooches last week but put it and me on her blog...and that led to some nice new blogging friends coming for a view and who have joined me here as a result - hello and welcome to you all...and indeed to all my lovely followers!

You can see Sue's inspiring blog here ...do call by and say I sent you! 
and here's some of her beautiful  Russian Dolls...


I'm loving that I keep having interesting new challenges in my life...I went to a Zumba class for the first time today and although I probably looked like a demented duck it was fab and fun and I met some wonderful women..and our instructor was inspiring with her energy and enthusiasm...I thought I want some of that!!

I'm loving that spring, although being a tad cold and chilly is bringing us rain and sun (even April showers...does hail count?) and yet again has given us such beautiful flowers...form tiny forget-me-nots to large and loud daffs...to brighten up the garden and hedgerows...and such a fresh green of new leaves...


 and i'm loving that it is Friday and soon both husband of patience and daughter mine will be safe home and our weekend can begin...hope you have a lovely one too! Emmax


8 comments:

sweetpea family said...

I am loving your lovely thankful post - I agree that the blogging world is full of lovely people - it's like having lots of penpals. Thank you so much for mentioning my blog - so very kind. Hope you have a lovely weekend with your husband and daughter x

Rowen said...

I'm glad it's Friday too, the start of the weekend and more time with the children, for creativity and longer dog walks. Hope the weather stays good we had a bit of hail today! Rowen@Coastal Colours x

Emma Wigginton said...

my pleasure to share your blog in return for your kindness...I love sweetpeas, myfavourite flower by the way! Emmax

Emma Wigginton said...

and welome to you Rowen, your weekend sounds great with all those special things in it! hope it's alovely one Emmax

Joy said...

Another beautiful post Emma - it's such a pleasure to pop in and behold your lightness and brightness and to take in the gorgeous pics resulting from your thankful heart. I'm wishing you a wonderful weekend with your family. Joy xx

homemade@myplace said...

I'm new here and I like it!!! see you soon, xxxx Ale

snood knitter said...

what a lovely positive post and so many lovely pictures and beautiful things that you are making!!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend

Emma Wigginton said...

Welcome Alessandra! and thanks SK for your nice comments, hope you all have a sunny and happy weekend! xx