hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Tuesday 22 January 2013

let's hear it for snow!!

unexpected and overnight a deep soft covering has transformed the world into a beautiful hushed stillness...the magic of snow never ceases to amaze...I feel I have stepped through the back of a wardrobe and into a new land...




the chickens are bemused...where has our nice green grass gone? where is the mud we love to scratch about in?


brave Emilia walks gingerly along the top of the wooden plank which edges the path...she looks so funny...


and I just love how the geese come out and honk and run and flap their majestic wings...and look so beautiful against the white snow



 a frozen pond means delux bathtime for ducks in a washing up bowl...


 and the extra corn I put out for the ducks is snaffled by the hens...



even the mundane is made lovely...



 
I know it causes havoc for many people trying to get to work and do their jobs...but it is still special, bringing light and tranquility at least for a time...and the fun of snowballs and sledging and coming home with frozen fingers in soggy gloves, wet and bruised to appreciate all the more the warmth of home and a mug of steaming hot chocolate...


mm...I  was going to tell you about what I was making this week but somehow I got diverted...


2 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Beautiful photographs - especially the one with the goose and its outstreached wings.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Emma Wigginton said...

Hi Liz thanks! I love our geese despite Brian being a bit scary at times...they do look especially beautiful in the snow