hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Sunday 14 October 2012

Haberdashery etc...

the joy of John Lewis's...something for everyone...and an insight into the secret world of women who wear make up and perfume and tights...Yummy Mummies, Working Girls and Ladies Who Lunch...wearas I am simply a Woman Who Does Haberdashery...who said scissors aren't sexy?...and as for the glamour of threads ...and pins...and yarns...and fabrics and all manner of stitching temptation to get your creative juices flowing...
 




mind you there were some items of loveliness I did rather fancy... delicious textured tights and scarves ready for the autumn chills... to warm the cockles through the winter glooms...and I confess it here and now...I did buy some C...mas presents...eek! It's very satisfying to find a little gift or two to stash in my present cupboard and to know I have started the getting ready for C...mas game off well...although I have to take care not to peak too early!







and here's a little bit of vintage and making heaven...can't have too many buttons...aren't these jars just so cute?




 and how often do you hear the word BODKIN these days??


and as it says here...


not forgetting...

  
these teeny balls of yarn surely won't hurt..they slip so easily into a bag...the best kind of take-away!


I think I would have liked to be a window dresser...don't you love the way shops arrange their beautiful wares...delicious colours and textures and prints... and so nice to see modern clean lines as I live in an old 'what I like to call' shabby chic house...well homely and lived in...




 

back home on the Metro...with just a few carrier bags full of necessitie(!) and sore feet...but very happy to have indulged in a lot of looking and a little shopping...


and here's a thought for the week to come...have a great Sunday xx

2 comments:

knittynora said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! So many beautiful things. If only I had enough pennies to buy them all.....or even some of them :)

I love the colours of the yarn you purchased. You can never have too much wool! (Well, that's what I tell my husband) :)

I do love reading your blog.....look forward to the next!

KnittyNora xx

Emma Wigginton said...

well Nora, so glad you liked! the knitting was rather gorgeous! I am sure you can do much better! Yarn stashe is growing nicely (I tell my husband it's all for business, tho really some is just for looking at!)
love Emmaxx