hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Friday 4 May 2012

there are times...

when only indulgence will do...I had been promising myself this treat for sometime...the latest deliciousness from Selina Lake...and so I ordered it from our beautiful local bookshop...the pleasure of handing over a crisp new £20 note (it's true...money IS love!)...and yippee it's mine, all mine! brought it home in a plain brown paper bag...going undercover...ignoring anything else...home alone to drool over each yummy page ...downing tools...ignoring piles and opting out of all Housewifely Duties...heaven! here's a little taste...






so how come my house doesn't look like these gorgeous images?? I have a lot of the ingredients but rather like my cooking, it doesn't always quite live up to hope and expectations...
 
I so love shabby chic...even though we seem to mainly do 'shabby'...we have always 'made do and mended' and now everyone is doing it and that's just brilliant...haunting charity shops for handsewn or crocheted goodies and little unloved treasures...visiting auctions for battered furniture needing a little TLC...mixing and mingling for a relaxed and homely and welcoming look...altering and cutting up old unloved fabrics to make new pretty cushion covers or bags...or just leave them in a pile to enjoy as they are...

don't want to worry you but she's working on her next book...so start saving your pennies! visit Selina Lake here or here for more on her talents...

No comments: