hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Thursday 10 May 2012

red letter days..

an introduction to the village amenities...number 1...the Village Post Box...beautifully set in amongst ivy, nettles, wild flowers and lots of greenery...and hopefully not too many slugs or snails in there to eat your letters...especially not important ones...

 

Red letter Day 1...Tuesday...posted my registration to become SELF EMPLOYED!!! ooer mrs...this had involved several months of procrastination as I dithered on the brink...and now it's done. That is that and I can move on...into a new and better place...


 

Red Letter Day 2...a freebie from Country Living magazine with a renewed subscription,..not only a nice price for the magazine but a wonderful book by Emma Jones of Enterprise Nation...perfect timing, thank you Universe! This is my best friend now...you can read it cover to cover or dip in and there's loads of helpful advice and tips from people who have set up their own business...very helpful and encouraging...even just believing in the word 'talent'...




 exactly...


Red Letter Day 3..a DAY OUT!! this is especially nice as at the moment I am not driving and so I rely on kind friends and husbands to take me places...and tho mostly I am VERY happy to be here at home it is also soo good to go visiting...a trip to Greystoke Arts Festival on Saturday to see some contemporary art and craft...ceramics and textiles and talk to makers...and I just happened to love a wee pin cushion by Kate Durdy...a girl can't have too many places to put her pins...



 followed by a tasty cafe lunch and then a beautiful drive to Haweswater... fresh air and a chance to increase daughter's bird list for the year...




Red Letter Day 4...seemed like just another day ...turned into a special sewing day with daughter mine and me sewing away together in the studio...I just love watching how she designs and makes things just out of her head...no rules or worries...just imagination and invention...and using my old Singer machine...we both love how it smells of warm machine oil...



meanwhile I have piles to attend to...as Dean Arts and Scarecrow Festival awaits at the weekend and I have just one or two things still to do...why is it your best ideas come just before a crafty deadline?!
 


just remember...


 lots of love


xxx




























No comments: