hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Sunday 30 October 2011

halfterm and halloween happenings....

it's been quite a week, travelling here and there, seeing family and sharing meals and talking and laughing and catching up...
making memories to keep us warm in the long winter nights...

by the sea 
feet in the sand 
in October
spiky grass
rough waves
skein of geese
black green seaweed
sea washed smoothness of shells





apple harvest
warm kitchen
 apple press
slow drip of juice
delicious sweetness
bottles the taste of summer







the rose outside the kitchen window
Mum's favourite
blooms still
put my nose to soft petals
and breathe in
sweet scent
remember


wake to heavenly
red skies in the morning
rain swiftly follows
torrential water downpouring
washing rivers in the lane



 halloween
pumpkins grown
huge and round on
donkey muck
thanks donkeys!
friends fill the kitchen tonight
carving scary faces in pumpkin flesh
 cakes, friendship and fun
celebration! 

and tomorrow 
time is mine
studio beckons
making again
fabrics and threads
freedom and creation
bliss!




No comments: