hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Wednesday 21 September 2011

it's been a party....

from start to finish and it ain't over yet! A weekend of C-Art visitors to a certain open studio down in the garden and lots of creating and sharing has been going on  ....we, the "artistes" have soo enjoyed just being together and making, each in a totally different medium but in ways familiar to us all...lots of faffing about and then a miraculous splurge of creativity producing lovely things...and delight of delights people have visited and watched and talked and shared our making and bought lots of things which is so wonderful because when you make things that's all you want is someone else to like what you have made...even better if they want to buy them...and some have returned to do a workshop to make a beautiful  book or funky corsage or some wonderful prints - so success all round as we all explore our creativity in a communal way which has been utterly joyful....even down to breadmaking and soup sharing in the kitchen!

can't wait for Friday and my fellow artists will be back to share the space again....and we hope for more intrepid visitors...I'm off now to prepare for corsage making this afternoon - a chance to come and have fun with fabric and beads and yarn and stitching...imagination is the only limitation (As Einstein said Imagination is more important than Knowledge!)...off to bake a cake 'cos we'll probably need some!

(PS sorry about the pinkness - I am almost into autumn shades but just had to share these cute doggie brooches with you!)

No comments: