hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Saturday 3 August 2013

a week ago...

we were esconced in a hot and sticky (we love summer!) Town Hall in Kendal ...surrounded by all manner of wonderful artwork, and some of our own...do you like my seedhead and brooches? I have really enjoyed creating my new work...and a big thanks to husband of patience for endlessly printing and cutting out my new labels! 

(beautiful landscapes by David Sims in the background)

 

we had journeyed to Kendal driving down through the Lake District past Keswick and Ambleside, Windermere and beyond...we had made our winding way through the crazy one-way system in Kendal(anyone out there familiar with this??) and found ourselves on the first floor of the Town Hall...faced with a big blank white space, displaying only our names...two tired textile artists with boxes of stuff, tables, shelves and more...

so bring on the tech team and...



several hours and much shifting around later...ta da!




 we were very happy as you may imagine so a big thanks to our wonderful families for supporting us...

 
here's a tiny taste of what you could have seen...

Kelly Stewart's amazing prints


and the delightful work of Emma Louise Wilson...who coincidentally I met up with on facebook before we met here, and some of whose work I had already had hanging in my studio...
  


and did I mention the amazing pop up tea shop run by Frumenty and Fluffin...all day cuppa's for hungry artists and visitors...and cakes beyond your wildest dreams!



and yes I did do a little bit of shopping, as well as selling...so much to tempt me amongst all the wonderful artwork...I'll share this little beauty with you, so exquisitely wrapped, a present to me after all my hard work...


and when you open it... a tiny gem of a bowl by the 'other' Emma...you can see more of her work here


I think when you visit a show like this you little realise all the hard graft which goes on behind the scenes...so a BIG thanks goes to Rosie and Tina and all those who made ArtFest happen!
 
and love and hugs to my 'home' team...chief packer, and chief arranger and carer of dotty artist mother...


going home...it will all fit in...somewhere





had a long lie down this week, sorry not been around, normal service slowly being restored...back to reality and the very overdue hoovering!

hope you're enjoying the summer here in the UK...Emmaxx
























6 comments:

sweetpea family said...

Your stand looked beautiful you must be so proud to have created so many beautiful things - I love your little bowl a well deserved treat . Hope you feel rested x

Emma Wigginton said...

thanks for your kind comments SPF! I was pleased, it is everything I want to do! x

thriftwood said...

Oh, I wish I'd known about this! I live not too far from Kendal, and yes, am familiar with the one way system, that's why I come on the bus! I would definitely have come to see you, and those cakes look fab too ... have heard of that teashop, and met the lady who runs it ... on my list of places to visit ... Oh, never mind, there's always next time!

Glad you had a good time though, it all looks fab!

Love Claire xx

Joy said...

Oh and Oh!!!
You made so many beautiful items Emma - from the wonderful seedpod and brooches right through to the full and exquisite display! Your gorgeous little bowl present to yourself was so well deserved!
I hope your week is restful before you get right back into more lovely projects!
And yes, what a wonderful husband you have - such great teamwork!
Joy x

Emma Wigginton said...

thanks Claire and Joy, so nice to have your lovely feedback, as I often work on my own...talking to myself! see you next time Claire! xx

Jessie's Needle said...

Hi Emma, looks like you had a fun time. Love the look of your stand.

Yes I know all about the one way system in Kendal. The local paper once invented a board game about trying to get to places and since they pedestrianised a large part of the Main Street it has got worse. But Lowther Street next to the Town Hall used to be 2 way, how scary was that.

S xx