hello and welcome...

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I love to share a little of my life with you...I am so lucky to be a textile artist and maker...inspired by the beautiful countryside around me and by all sorts of things in my life....if you fancy a creative WORKSHOP take a look here or taking a peep at what's in my ETSY shop click here...thank you for paying me a visit today!



Monday 10 September 2012

To act on impulse...

is something I do love to do...so how nice after a morning out to be spontaneous and have lunch out...by myself! 

actually it was a way of saying thank you to the cafe owner who kindly displays posters for C-art and workshops etc...and it's a great cafe for such casual dropping into...and a way of celebrating the joys of being self-employed...

after all it was lunchtime so I had to eat... and a delicious bowl of soup and homemade roll doesn't cost the earth...wonder if I can put it down as an expense after a morning publicising my business?

it's funny too that we are all so used to people taking phone photos these days that no-one batted an eyelid when I took out my camera (in my handbag for another task)...

It was so lovely just to take time out and sit and people watch and read a magazine...it has been kind of hectic lately with summer hols and C-art so this was a chilling out moment. Note to self...must do this again sometime...

it reminds me of when I was a student many moons ago in Liverpool...the height of grown up decadence was eating pizza out by myself in a nice pizza restaurant and reading Cosmo...so sophisticated!  

ps I did eat out with friends too....amazing what you could manage on a student grant (happy days!)




 I rather liked this smiling woman and her big basket...rather an attractive house too...






can you guess where it is yet??

...and did I mention C-art is on till 16th September?? had a fantastic weekend with so many lovely visitors...and sold lots of artwork and bags and cards and Ian and Steph sold their beautiful books and prints too which is soo very gratifying...hope all the other artists in Cumbria are doing well too...

do you think this gets the message across? I just couldn't resist using up my spare stickers...



have a great week....hope you get the chance to chill out and relax a while too...xx

No comments: